And not just your standard cold or flu but rather pneumonia and I can’t help but be a bit angry about it.
In the first week of March she started running a fever so I took her into Urgent care to be seen. The doctor said it was a double ear infection. She was put on antibiotics and did improve until about day 9 of the antibiotics when her fever came back. I took her back in on Monday morning and saw another doctor who said it was just a virus and that there was no evidence of an ear infection at all. She gave me the typical timeline for getting better.
Well yesterday after seeing temps of 102 or higher most of the week I decided that this wasn’t right and finally got in with her normal doctor and he diagnosed and confirmed pneumonia.
Do I think this could have been prevented? I don’t know. The doctor seems to think it was just the virus getting out of control. But honestly I think she did have the infection already and the original antibiotic, which was low end stuff, just didn’t work and she needed stronger meds.
Either way, now she’s on stronger meds, and an inhaler. I don’t know what this virus is that she had, but it seems that it hasn’t effected anyone else in the house. Either we’ve just been careful or it just wasn’t as contagious as it could have been.
Either way I’ve not slept normally in days. And then tomorrow we have to get up really early so we can head out to the Xfinity race. I’m looking forward to taking pictures of the CUP practices that will be held that day.
Maybe Sunday I will get some much needed sleep.
Oh on a side note, even having just been on the antibiotic for one day, Annabelle is doing much better.